Invoice Generator provides an invoice template that lets you make professional invoices in one-click. Generated invoices can be sent and paid online.
Why use Invoice Generator?
There are no limits. Use it as much as you like.
You are in complete control over your data. Invoice Generator does not keep a copy of invoices you create, nor do we mine your customer data (some free invoicing tools do). We also secure our site using industry-standard SSL encryption.
No sign up!
Invoice Generator gives you the ability to save invoices inside of your browser, eliminating the need for an account. It's exhausting having to sign up for every web service you want to use. Invoice Generator lets you generate invoices straight from the landing page!.
Invoice on-the-go from any device
Trusted by millions
Every month millions of invoices are generated on Invoice Generator.
Our objective at Invoiced is to make invoicing as simple as possible. We built this invoice generator solely dedicated to this purpose. We want to give you the best possible invoicing experience, and hope it saves you from the many frustrations that come with invoicing.
How do I use Invoice Generator?
A modern web browser is required — we ♥ Firefox.
It's easy! Fill out the template with all the details you want on your invoice. The template editor closely matches what the result will look like. Once you are ready, just click Download Invoice to download a PDF of your invoice. If you made a mistake, don't worry, you can go back and update the invoice by clicking Edit this invoice.
The download and send buttons will be disabled until you fill in your information and your client's information into the to/from fields. If you do not see your invoice once you click download then you should check your Downloads folder.
Invoices can be sent straight from Invoice Generator. Fill out the invoice template with all of the desired information. When finished, click the Send Invoice button.
A form will appear where you need to give your client's email address where you want to send the invoice to and your email address. You can customize the message if you want. Once you click Send the invoice will be sent to your client as a PDF attachment with your customized message. If your client replies to the invoice email it will go to you. You will also receive a confirmation email from us with a copy of your invoice.
You can get paid online with PayPal, Venmo, and Square Cash for invoices sent through Invoice Generator. Simply check the payment methods you want to accept when sending invoices and we will include a payment link with your invoice.
Invoices are auto-saved to your device. This allows you to go back and edit past invoices.
You can access past invoices on the My Invoices page. Simply click on a previously generated invoice to open it in the editor. You can also export your invoices to a CSV (comma-separated values) file by clicking the Export button.
Individual invoices can be deleted by hovering over the invoice and clicking the X button. Clicking Erase Everything will erase all saved invoices and any customizations to the invoice template.
Clearing your browser history will clear all of your invoices. If keeping the invoices permanently is important to you, please keep a backup of each PDF.
Customizing the Invoice Template
If you find yourself using Invoice Generator often, you can memorize your invoice template customizations. Just click Save Template in the right sidebar after you have finished customizing your invoice template. Now every time you use Invoice Generator your personalized invoice template will be loaded.
The invoice template will remember your:
- From Address
- Field Titles
Want more invoicing functions? Upgrade to Invoiced.
Could you use some expanded invoicing capabilities, beyond the beautiful invoices you create using the Invoice Generator template? Upgrade to Invoiced to access more features - including secure, cloud-based access to unlimited invoices, credit card payments with Stripe and PayPal, and the ability to see when customers view an invoice. Try it out risk-free to see if Invoiced fits your business needs.
Learn more about upgrading
Invoice Generator API
Save yourself the hassle of setting up an invoice template and all of the frustration associated with generating PDFs. Our service gives you a clean interface for quick, attractive invoices generated from your code.
Learn more on GitHub
What was Invoice Generator built with?
- May 17, 2020
- An optional Ship To field was added to the invoice template.
- May 17, 2020
- Invoice Generator is now available in French, German, and Spanish.
- May 16, 2020
- Improve formatting of money amounts across various currencies. Money amounts will now be rendered specific to your browser's locale.
- July 30, 2018
- Cleaned up various bugs around the application. Invoice Generator is now used by millions of people around the world. Thank you for your support!
- March 5, 2018
- Money amounts are now formatted more consistently on the rendered invoice PDF.
- November 30, 2017
- The invoice email template has been improved. Also, sending invoices from Invoice Generator now includes more information about the sender in the email footer.
- December 22, 2016
- Read our new Invoicing Guide to learn how to invoice like a boss and get paid.
- September 12, 2016
- Added a "Payment Terms" field.
- November 25, 2015
- New payment options! You can now get paid online with Venmo and Square Cash. Previously we only supported PayPal.
- October 23, 2015
- The invoice template UI has been refreshed. The interface has been cleaned up, allowing you to get invoices out the door faster.
- August 28, 2015
- We now send you an alert if an invoice email we delivered bounces several hours later.
- July 13, 2015
- Invoice numbers are now automatically generated for you. Each new invoice you create will increment the invoice number by one. Custom invoice numbers are still supported also.
- June 27, 2015
- Invoices can now be exported to a CSV (comma-separated values) file by going to My Invoices and clicking the Export to CSV button.
- February 13, 2015
- The Invoice Generator API has been launched. You can learn more about it on GitHub.
- February 6, 2015
- Sending invoices just got better. The send invoice form has been simplified. You can now customize the entire message when sending invoices to your clients. We also send out a delivery confirmation email to you once your invoice has been delivered to your client. This replaces the "Send me a Copy" option.
- February 5, 2015
- A brand new invoice template is here! Invoicing has gotten even better. The new template is more economical with white space, makes your branding stand out more, and uses less ink if you are printing invoices.
- November 14, 2014
- Fancy decimals! The invoice template has crisper decimal formatting.
- November 10, 2014
- Improved the invoice template. Smoothed out some issues on the interface and cleaned up the UI for a quicker invoicing experience.
- September 8, 2014
- The site is now secured with SSL by default. Please update your bookmarks to https://invoice-generator.com. Also, improved email preview and now can save email values as defaults.
- August 29, 2014
- You can now invoice in Bitcoin! Invoice Generator has several new currencies. Also refreshed invoice template and added a terms field.
- May 7, 2014
- Invoices have a new and improved template and invoices sent via email are delivered more reliably.
- March 20, 2014
- New features: discount and shipping lines, and the tax line can now be turned off. Also, fixed various bugs caused by the most recent update.
- March 10, 2014
- Invoice Generator is now mobile! The site has a fresh look that works on any device, including smartphones, tablets, and desktop screens. We have also improved the invoice template with many subtle enhancements.
- January 18, 2014
- Switched invoice PDF generation library from dompdf to wkhtmltopdf for a massive speed increase and smaller file sizes.
- January 15, 2014
- Labeled 'From' and 'Client' invoice fields with labels. Fixed bug causing tall logos to not be sized properly. Line item description now wraps when automatically. Also, cleaned up invoice template design.
- December 3, 2013
- Improved error messages for improper logos and sped up page load time.
- September 25, 2013
- Corrected a bug that caused some currency symbols to render improperly.
- July 31, 2013
- Fixed a bug where the resulting PDF came out as jumbled text. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- July 28, 2013
- Longer running notes now wrap to a new page. The 'To' and 'From' fields are now left aligned. Instead of the output filename always being 'Invoice.pdf', it's now 'Invoice invoice_number.pdf' if an invoice number is given. Also made subtle design improvements to the interface and resulting invoice.
- July 25, 2013
- Limited logo file size to 1MB. Please resize anything larger to make sure it does not exceed 200 pixels in width or height. Invoice logos
are not required to be square.
- July 16, 2013
- Cleaned up UI and added Venezuelen Bolivars to currencies.
- June 19, 2013
- Emails are now beautiful too! Improved email template and sped up send times.
- May 10, 2013
- Fixed various bugs. Thank you for everyone who reported problems.
- May 7, 2013
- Invoice Generator now supports the international date format (d/m/y).
- May 1, 2013
- Fixed bug that caused 'Amount Paid' to incorrectly round up.
- April 30, 2013
- Generated invoice PDFs now support Unicode. New button to remove invoice logos.
- April 26, 2013
- Invoices are now saved to local storage for your convenience. Improved site design, updated help documentation, and included feedback form on thank you page. Let us know what you think!
- March 24, 2013
- Improved invoice template. Now it is possible to email invoices as PDF attachments from the site.
- January 15, 2013
- Invoice Generator has been completely redesigned. New fields for 'Tax', 'Amount Paid', and 'Balance' were added. We now support additional currency symbols.
The limit of 5 items per invoice was removed, now any number of items may be added to an invoice. The title of any invoice field can be edited for a truly customizable invoice.
- June 6, 2012
Invoice Generator does not store any of your information on its servers. Information only gets stored to the local storage inside your web browser, which can be erased at your discretion. The functionality on Invoice Generator is provided "as is" with no expressed or implied warranties. By using Invoice Generator you agree to not hold its owner liable for any consequential or incidental damages.